Gas detection devices are the only way that workplaces can identify gas leaks and potential threats within the workplace. Here’s what you need to know.
Why is gas detection important?
Workers cannot rely on their own sense of smell to keep them safe from a possible gas hazard. This is because humans don’t have a great sense of smell, and there’s also the danger that by the time someone has sniffed gas, it’s too late.
That’s where gas instruments come in handy. These need to be properly maintained and calibrated, but doing so will help to ensure their accuracy in identifying worker exposure to harmful gases. Gas detectors are required by industry best practices and regulations and these devices are the only way that workplaces can identify gas leaks and potential threats within the workplace. Such devices are critical to safety as they can be used to detect explosive atmospheres, oxygen deficiency, and toxic gases that may have leaked into the air. Without gas detectors being used to detect threats, workers are exposed to potentially hazardous gases that can cause harm to their minds and bodies, or even result in their untimely death.
Given that there are so many different ways for harmful gases to leak into the air, gas detection is extremely important and should, in no way, be neglected.
Which gas detector should you use?
Here are some of our top picks:
- Durable and designed to be worn comfortably while monitoring for any single gas hazard.
- Has a wide range of available toxic gas models.
- Offers extended longevity with a two-year field-replaceable battery and sensor.
- Can be calibrated simply using BW’s MicroDock II automatic test and calibration system.
- Rugged, reliable device with simple one-touch operation.
- Four-gas detector with flexible power options, IntelliFlash provides continuous visual confirmation of detector operation and compliance.
- Graphic LCD displays icons that indicate operational information, such as bump test and calibration status for simplified onsite auditing.
- Suited to a wide range of industrial applications including confined space entry.
- fully compatible with BW’s MicroDock II automatic test and calibration system.
- A two-year maintenance-free single gas detector for hydrogen sulphide with alarm points preset at 10ppm and 15ppm.
- Just switch it on and the BW Clip H2S will run continuously without needing calibration, sensor replacement, battery replacement or battery charging. That means robust reliability and no downtime.
- Compatible with both the MicroDock II and the new Intellidox instrument management systems.
- Wearable, easy multi-gas detection with always-on reliability.
- With no need to charge the BW Clip 4 or replace the sensors and batteries, two years of continued runtime will lower your maintenance costs.
- With one-button operation, you can simply turn on your new detector and for reliable monitoring of H2S, CO, LEL, O2 levels.
- This gas detector is fully IntelliDoX compatible.