Effective hearing protection is not simply a product offering the highest attenuation value, but the best protection for each employee in his or her environment. It’s about reducing hearing loss associated with noise and thus improving safety.
Unlike other injuries, there is no visible evidence of noise-induced hearing loss [NIHL]. It is not traumatic or usually even noticed when it occurs. Rather, hearing impairment accumulates over time, its effects realized long after the damage has been done. Worse, noise-induced hearing loss is permanent and irreversible. However, with proper education, it is 100% preventable.
Single-use earplugs are an economical solution, ideal for work situations that demand a high degree of comfort, frequent changes or where hygiene conditions prohibit reuse.
Exclusively distributed in South Africa by HSE Solutions, the following Howard Leight products are popular selections.
This single-use earplug offers the perfect combination of comfort and performance. Amongst its features and benefits are:
- Tapered design for ease of insertion
- Leight Stripe formula, a slick blend of yellow and white polyurethane foam that feels soft in the ear
- Easy to roll and insert correctly
- Smooth, soil-resistant skin prevents dirt build-up on earplugs
- Available in two sizes to ensure a perfect fit
The bright idea in hearing protection, Laser Lite’s low-pressure polyurethane foam expands gently inside the ear canal for comfortable long-term wear, while its contoured T-shape delivers easy handling. Its high-visibility magenta and yellow colours make compliance checks quick and easy. Plus, Laser Lite is available with special packaging and dispenser options, ideal for process industries with low tolerances for packaging waste.
Its features include:
- Vibrant colours make protection visible
- Self-adjusting polyurethane foam expands to fit virtually every wearer
- Contoured T-shape for easy insertion and wear
- Smooth, soil-resistant closed cell-foam skin prevents dirt build-up
Ideal for workers with smaller ear canals, Max Lite’s low-pressure polyurethane foam expands gently inside the ear canal for comfortable long-term wear, while its contoured T-shape delivers ease of handling.
- Ideal size for workers with smaller ear canals.
- Low pressure polyurethane foam expands gently for comfortable long-term wear.
- Contoured T-shape for easy handling and wear.
- Smooth, soil-resistant closed cell-foam skin prevents dirt build-up.